Beginnings Maternity Center
Family-Centered Maternity Care
Welcome to the Beginnings Maternity Center. From the moment you arrive, our staff will be on hand to assist you through the process of labor, delivery, and postnatal care.
Our facility features Family-Centered Maternity Care that allows mothers and babies to stay together. This approach has benefits for all:
- Better Sleep: Research shows that mother and baby sleep better when they remain together.
- Recognition of feeding cues for the breastfeeding or bottle-fed baby: We can help you identify these cues, which are particularly important if you are breastfeeding.
- Bonding: Time with your baby is essential and helps you get to know your child.
- Infant care: Learn the basics.
You can also enjoy the following amenities:
- Private rooms
- Spa-like bathroom
- Flat-screen plasma TV
- Accommodations for your support person
- Free valet parking
Many of our registered nurses are certified in maternal newborn nursing or inpatient obstetrical nursing. Additional staff members are also available to help you during your stay. We have two lactation consultants and numerous breastfeeding resource nurses to assist you if you are breastfeeding.
Ours is the only birthing site in the region to offer 24-hour access to physician specialists in anesthesiology, radiology, and neonatology. Perinatologists are also on staff.
You can obtain a pre-registration form from your obstetrical care provider. Mail the completed form to:
PO Box 16052
Reading, PA 19612-6052
If you would like a tour of Beginnings Maternity Center or have questions, call 484-628-HELP (4357).