Brain Injury Program
It is necessary for patients admitted to the Brain Injury Unit to have realistic rehabilitation goals. These goals should reflect the potential for gaining independence or achieving a higher function in activities of daily living, speech/language function, or cognitive function.
In order to be admitted to the Brain Injury Unit, the patient must meet all of the following requirements:
- be responsive to verbal and/or visual stimuli
- have experienced recent significant functional loss
- be able to participate in physical, occupational, and/or speech therapy for a total of three hours each day, five days a week
- require at least two forms of therapy in an inpatient setting
- have the potential to improve function
- have a supportive social network
- be willing to follow a realistic discharge plan developed jointly by the interdisciplinary team and the patient
For more information, call 484-388-2388.