The Brain Injury Program provides a secure, caring environment for patients recovering from the following conditions:
- Acquired, non-degenerative brain damage
- Brain Surgery
- Traumatic and non-traumatic brain injuries
Our experienced treatment team includes physicians and neuropsychologists who specialize in meeting the unique rehabilitation needs of brain injury patients. Each patient receives a customized care program focused on recovering valuable life skills.
Patients can expect specialized brain injury treatment in the form of:
- Physical Therapy for mobility, muscle strength and flexibility, balance, and coordination
- Occupational Therapy for activities of daily living, such as bathing, grooming, dressing, and other important life skills
- Speech Therapy for self-expression, swallowing, and cognitive remediation
- Recreation Therapy for social, cognitive, and leisure skills
- Nursing for patient care and education, provided by specialized rehabilitation nurses
- Case Management for developing realistic discharge plans and ongoing follow-up
Our 11-bed secured Brain Injury Unit is located on the first floor of Reading Health Rehabilitation Hospital.
For more information, call 484-388-2388.