Go Red for Women
Join Us in Celebrating Healthy Hearts!
Sunday, February 9
11:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Crowne Plaza Reading Hotel,
1741 Papermill Road, Wyomissing
Enjoy a light-hearted afternoon at our annual Heart Health event featuring educational exhibits, inspiring speakers, great food, and of course, chocolate and wine. The excitment features raffle prizes including a Nintendo WII™, and an opportunity to take the da Vinci® Surgical System for a test drive!
A panel of experts including Reading Health System physicians and motivational speaker, Rita Miller, RN, BC, BSPA, will give you the opportunity to ask questions during an interactive presentation.
Registration required. Tickets must be purchased in advance for a donation of $10. Get your tickets here.
Call 484-628-HELP (4357) for more information.
Special Note: Participate in our 2 Pounds per Person fundraiser and receive an extra raffle ticket – see fundraiser details here!
Heart disease is the No.1 killer of women – and men.
The good news is that heart disease can often be prevented by simple things you can do every day. The heart care experts at Reading Hospital Regional Heart Center invite you to learn more.
How To Love Your Heart
Here are some risk factors for heart disease you can control:
- High blood pressure –This condition can increase your risk of heart attack and stroke.
- Smoking – If you smoke, your risk of developing coronary heart disease is two to four times that of nonsmokers.
- High cholesterol – The higher your total blood cholesterol, the greater your risk of coronary heart disease.
- Physical inactivity – Lack of physical activity increases your risk of coronary heart disease.
- Obesity – If you have excess body fat— especially at the waist —you’re more likely to develop heart disease or have a stroke.
- Diabetes – Having diabetes increases your risk of heart disease and stroke, especially if your blood sugar is not controlled.