IRB Information for Sponsors
Reading Hospital Institutional Review Board
|6th Avenue and Spruce Street
N-Building, Ground Floor
West Reading, PA 19611
|Gregory Mokrynski, MD, Chair
Albert Yuen, MD, Co-Chair
Sharon House, RN, CIP, IRB Manager
Tracy Hamer, Secretary
The Reading Hospital and Medical Center IRB is registered and has federal wide assurance.
IRB Registration #: 00002156
FWA #: 00003110
- Full Board / New Protocol: These meetings are scheduled to take place on the second Tuesday of every month. The submission deadline for items to be reviewed by the Full Board is 3 weeks prior to the meeting. Changes requested by the IRB must be made before the item will be placed on the final agenda. The turnaround time is typically 30 days from submission to completion of correspondence, provided any necessary corrections are received in a timely manner.
- Expedited Review / Sub-Committee: These meetings are scheduled to take place on the fourth Tuesday of every month. The submission deadline for items to be reviewed by the Expedited Review Sub-Committee is the Wednesday before the meeting. Changes requested by the IRB must be made before the item will be placed on the final agenda.
PLEASE NOTE: only items for which expedited review is allowed by the federal regulations will be placed on the agenda.
- IRB Fees: There are non-refundable fees depending on the service being provided and proof of invoice must be provided with the submission:
- Study Start-up: non-refundable start-up fee of $2,500, which is due at the time of submission
- Continuing Review: of no more than $1,000 per review will be charged based on the following:
- Annual review- $1,000 per review
- Six month review- $500 per review
- Less than six months- $250 per review
- Amendments: of no more than $500 per amendment will be charged based on the following:
- Changes to the protocol, informed consent and other documents- $500
- Administrative changes to the protocol only- $250
- Changes to the informed consent, patient education or recruitment materials only- $250
- Exceptions: the IRB does not invoice for the following:
- Research protocols sponsored by non-profit agencies (AHA, ACS)
- Research protocols sponsored by the Federal government (NIH, FDA, DHHS)
- Research protocols sponsored by National Cooperative Groups (ECOG, GOG, NSABP, RTOG, etc.)
Any regulatory questions can be directed to the Research Regulatory and Contract Specialist at the Clinical Trials Office, 484-628-4308 or ClinicalTrialsOffice@readinghealth.org however, the Clinical Trials Office does not represent or speak for the IRB.