The Mission of the Surgical Technology Program of Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences is to prepare competent, entry-level surgical technologists in the cognitive (knowledge), psychomotor (skills), and affective (behavior) learning domains.
In support of this Mission, the Surgical Technology Program has established program outcomes that define the knowledge, skills, and behaviors that will be reflected by a graduate of the Program A graduate of Reading Hospital School of Health Sciences, Surgical Technology Program will:
- Identify the importance of cooperative behavior by team members.
- Assess the various functions of professional credentialing and relate their significance to the profession of surgical technology.
- Demonstrate accountability of practice with adherence to ethical and legal standards of the profession.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in basic surgical procedures through the practice of the concepts of surgical technology.
- Demonstrate competent patient care skills.
- Adhere to the patient’s inherent rights to privacy, dignity, and confidentiality.
- Facilitate the knowledge acquisition of others through research and research presentation.
- Contribute to patient safety through collaboration with other health care disciplines and adherence to approved safety standards.
- Recognize the value of community service.