Enduring Materials & CME Online Activities
All rights regarding the content of materials available are owned or controlled for these purposes by The Reading Hospital and Medical Center Continuing Medical Education Department. In accessing this material, you agree that you may only download the content for your own non-commercial use. Material may not be copied, reproduced, republished, posted, broadcasted, or transmitted in any way. You agree not to adapt, alter, or create a derivative work from any of the material contained in this site or use it for any other purpose other than for your personal non-commercial use.
The Reading Hospital and Medical Center's Continuing Medical Education Office offers accredited online educational modules. These modules are either audio-video recordings of a live CME event or a specially produced CME accredited learning module on a topic of importance to our Hospital. All CME accredited learning activities require completion of a post test and evaluation to receive AMA PRA Category 1 CreditTM. Some activities below can only be used for AMA PRA Category 2 CreditTM as noted. All current online activities can be accessed by clicking on the topic title below. For more information or if you experience any difficulties please contact the CME office at 610-988-8335.
**Required** Adobe Acrobat Reader and Flash Player 10 or higher (Free Download)
Congenital Heart Disease Screening Program
The Reading Hospital and Medical Center designates this enduring materials activity for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits:
Pulse Oximetry Protocol for Physicians
Anesthesia Journal Club
The Reading Hospital and Medical Center designates each of these enduring materials activities for a maximum of 0.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits:
Awareness Under Anesthesia: Kristian Werneid, M.D., and Stephen R. Strelec, M.D.
- Realize the complexities of awareness under anesthesia
- Identify the history of how awareness is quantified, monitoring techniques, and current accepted practice for diminishing awareness
- Integrate best practice parameters into current patient management
Management of Postoperative Nausea and Vomiting: Jeremy Benger D.O., and Andrew Herlich D.M.D., M.D.
- Identify the high risk for post operative nausea and vomiting
- Realize the financial impact of NOT treating post operative nausea and vomiting
- Integrate appropriate multi-modal therapies to prevent post operative nausea and vomiting
Anaphylaxis and Anesthesia: A Case-based Discussion of Fundamental Principles: Stephanie Keller, M.D., and Joshua Atkins, M.D., PhD.
- Recognize the patients clinical presentation of anaphylaxis under general anesthesia
- Identify changes in physiology that occur during anaphylactic reaction
- Utilize appropriate responses to suspected anaphylactic reaction
Method of Participation:
To complete an online activity and obtain CME credit , you must do the following:
- Read the course Introduction in its entirety
- View the presentation and course material
- Slides may be printed to follow along with the presentation and take notes if desired.
- Complete the Post Test with a score of 70% or more
- Submit the online Evaluation
- Click the Evaluation link in the activity
- Click on My Evaluation on the top of the CME webpage
- Sign in using your email address, CME password and Activity Code given at the end of the test. If you are new to the CME website you will need to create a profile and new password.
Hardware and Software Requirements:
It is suggested that you have the following hardware and software to use our educational website:
- Internet connection of 56k or better (DSL, cable, or broadband is recommended)
- Modem to support internet connection
- Soundcard (some activities include audio)
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 9 or higher (Free Download)
- An HTML/XML Internet Browser such as Internet Explorer
- Some activities may require Windows Media Player (Free Download)
- Some activities may require Microsoft Office products such as MS Word