Continuing Medical Education
Education = Excellence
The Continuing Medical Education mission at the Reading Hospital and Medical Center is to:
- Maximize the quality of the educational experience, resulting in improved patient outcomes.
- Improve the knowledge, competence and performance of physicians in all represented specialties.
- Identify the professional practice gaps of the medical staff that might be addressed through the CME process.
- Design and implement CME activities that present valid content which is unbiased, evidence-based, and free of commercial interest.
- Enhance clinician performance to achieve institutional patient safety and performance improvement goals, as well as individual goals of maintenance of certification and re-licensure.
- Evaluate changes in physician competence and performance as a result of the CME process, using both quantitative and qualitative measures.
By doing so, the CME program mission serves to support the overall mission of The Reading Hospital and Medical Center and its staff, that is, to provide compassionate, accessible, high quality, cost effective health care to the community; to promote health; to educate healthcare professionals; and to participate in appropriate clinical research.
CME Calendar of Scheduled Events
The Reading Hospital and Medical Center offers a wide range of on-site continuing medical education programs. See our CME Calendar to view current accredited education program offerings and to register online.
CME Credit Transcripts
If you have been a registered participant in a CME activity at The Reading Hospital and Medical Center, you may download a detailed transcript of your CME activities and credits earned for a specified period of time. Credits are archived for a six year period in compliance with ACCME requirements. Just click on the My Transcript link and follow the simple instructions to download a transcript. If you are creating a password for the first time it may take up to 48 hours for your online transcript to be available.
The Reading Hospital and Medical Center is accredited by Pennsylvania Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
If you have any questions about Continuing Medical Education, or have a topic your department would like to see included for AMA Category 1 Credit, please contact:
Director, Continuing Medical Education