Are you looking for an active learning experience outside the classroom? Why not get involved, get fit, develop leadership skills, or just relax at the local café! As a student, you will want to take advantage of the following programs and services.
The Student Government Association (SGA), The National Student Nurse Association (NSNA), and Nurses Christian Fellowship (NCF) and Medical Imaging Officers make every effort to support a busy campus life. All three organizations advocate student leadership development, student activity involvement, and diverse and culturally sensitive workshops. In addition, each organization strives to create an optimistic atmosphere of fun and respect for all students.
Residence Housing Program:
Off campus housing is offered through the Inn at Reading. Located within a mile of the hospital campus, the Inn at Reading houses resident students who commute to and from campus via the hospital shuttle bus program.
Resident Housing Handbook
If you’re a current resident student or a commuter who is considering a change in status, here are a few things to keep in mind about resident housing:
- Seek clearance from student services before moving in.
- Discuss things with your roommate, and if necessary, with a Resident Assistant.
- Respect your roommate’s class schedule and study habits.
- Identify pet peeves.
- Acknowledge each other’s privacy concerns.
- Share your likes and dislikes.
- Take phone messages and relay them.
- Review rules and regulations.
- Pay your bills.
- Educate your guests on rules and regulations.
- Share your social habits.
- Make the best of it. The most successful roommate relationships are those that require work!
If you would like to get involved in student activities, need to discuss resident housing details, or want to address housing issues, please call Student Services at 484-628-0104.