Transitional Year Program Routine
Transitional Year Night Call Responsibilities
TY residents share call schedule with Preliminary and Categorical Medicine Residents.
Night call responsibilities:
- Blocks 1 and 2
- On call every 4-9 nights depending upon service (no night float)
- Blocks 3-12
- Medicine Teaching Service – short call to 9 p.m. every 4 nights (no long call)
- ICU – every 3rd night (off at noon on days 2 and 3)
- Other rotations – Average 1 Saturday 8:30 p.m to 8 a.m. every other month
- Night Float – Sunday – Friday 8:30 p.m to 8 a.m.