Summer Junior Volunteer Program 2014
Our Junior Volunteer Program is a great opportunity for teens to give back to their community while accruing hours for graduation and community service projects. Junior Volunteers give their time once a week from June through August in scheduled three-four hour shifts in assigned hospital departments.
- Enrollment opens January 2, 2014 and closes February 14, 2014. No applications or letters of recommendation will be accepted before or after these dates.
- Actual program runs from June 16, 2014 to August 22, 2014.
- Program is open to any high school student age who is age 15 to 18. No exceptions. (Age requirement must be met by the start of the program)
- Space is limited and applicants will be accepted on a first come/ first serve basis.
- Once accepted into the program volunteer candidates are required to complete all steps of the onboarding process by their deadline dates. These steps include:
- Interview with Volunteer Coordinator
- Completing a two-step Tuberculin Skin Test
- Submitting immunization records to Employee Health Services
- Attending volunteer orientation (students under 18 must attend with a parent or guardian)
- Obtaining an ID badge
- Purchasing a volunteer uniform
- Completing additional criminal clearances (if required)
- Junior Volunteers are required to complete a minimum of 32 hours of service. Please keep this keep this in mind before filling out an application and commiting to the program.
- Placement in a specific Hospital department is not guaranteed. Placement will be based on department needs and an evaluation of the volunteer candidate.
To apply, click the appropriate link below. For more information, please call Volunteer Services at 484-628-8477 or send an email.