Whether you’re recovering from surgery or injury or suffering from a debilitating disease, the staff at Reading Hospital Outpatient Therapy can provide you with the best treatment available.
In addition to treating adults, Reading Hospital Outpatient Therapy also offers outstanding pediatric outpatient services to children and adolescents.
Conditions We Treat
Reading Hospital Outpatient Therapy treats the following neurological conditions:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
We also treat orthopedic conditions, such as the following:
- Athletic injuries
- Repetitive motion injuries
- Complicated nerve and tendon injuries
- Total joint replacement
Additional conditions Reading Hospital Outpatient Therapy can treat:
- Adults with speech, language, cognitive, or swallowing difficulties
- Fine motor developmental delay
- Lacerations and contusions
- Nerve injury
- Soft tissue injuries
Outpatient Care & Treatment
As a patient of Reading Hospital Outpatient Therapy, you'll receive a personalized treatment plan for physical or occupational therapy based on your needs which may include:
- Amputee re-training program and coordinated amputee clinic
- Cancer, cognitive, neurologic, orthopedic, and work injury rehabilitation
- Driving assessments
- Aquatic, lymphedema, pediatric, ultra-violet light, vestibular, voice, manual, women’s health pre- and post-natal therapy
- Pediatric physical, occupational and speech therapy
- Video swallow studies and clinical swallow assessments
- Wheelchair and scooter evaluations
- Work-site ergonomic evaluations and assessments
Your First Visit
To prepare for your first visit to Reading Hospital Outpatient Therapy, please be sure to bring the following items:
- Doctor’s prescription for therapy
- Personal identification and health insurance card
- Auto insurance or worker’s compensation information (if applicable)
- List of current medications
Our staff includes a group of dedicated physical therapists, occupational therapists, physical therapist assistants, and speech therapists, including many with master's or doctorate degrees and certified specialists in the areas of orthopedics, neurologic rehabilitation, aquatics, lymphedema, ergonomic worksite evaluations, and vestibular therapy. Our therapists work closely with physicians and participate in monthly interdisciplinary team meetings to discuss complicated neurological cases.
Our Facilities & Services
We offer the best facilities in the region, including a warm water pool, overhead lift and track system, balance masters, driving simulator, UV Light booth, and pediatric rooms. In fact, Reading Health Rehabilitation Hospital is the only hospital in the region accredited by both the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) and The Joint Commission.
Committed to offering our services to the community, we also offer an ergonomic worksite assessment and analysis program and a variety of wellness programs that are open to the public.
Reading Hospital Outpatient Therapy is available at a number of locations throughout the region.
For more information about Reading Hospital Outpatient Therapy, call 484-628-0300.