The amputee rehabilitation program provides comprehensive rehabilitation to treat the loss of functional ability in patients who have lost a limb. Inpatient and outpatient treatment focuses on:
- Balance, strength, and walking
- Activities of daily living
- Emotional issues
Our Amputee Support Group meets monthly, and provides ongoing support and follow-up for patients, family, and friends.
Reading Health System uses a variety of treatment approaches, tailored to your individual needs and rehabilitation goals, including:
- ReoGo®: Utilizes robotic movement assistance and 3-D graphics to support rehabilitation therapies.
- LiteGait® System: A gait training device that simultaneously controls weight bearing, posture, and balance over a treadmill or over ground.
- Guldmann Body Weight Support Systems - Promote normal gait sequencing in patients who lack trunk control or lower body strength.
- MOTOmed Movement Therapy System - Motor and software assistance gently moves and loosens patient’s arms and legs from the comfort of a wheelchair or bed.
The Rehabilitation Center at Reading Hospital is proud to have received accreditation from the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities for our Amputation Specialty Program.
This accreditation means you and your family receive the most comprehensive care possible for post-amputation rehabilitation, from adjusting to daily activities to learning new skills with prosthetics.
Your care is in the best hands with a team of compassionate professionals you can trust.