Joint Care Center
Comprehensive Care in Berks County
We are the only facility in Berks County to receive the Joint Commission’s Gold Seal in Disease-Specific Care Certification for Total Knee and Total Hip Replacement. The Center is also a Blue Center of Distinction for both programs.
The Joint Care Center’s wellness-based program is designed to move you from surgery to discharge in a comfortable and active manner.
Joint replacement patients benefit from goal sharing and group activities with fellow patients, while still receiving individualized attention.
If you are experiencing joint pain, even simple activities like walking the dog or doing the grocery shopping can become a struggle.
At the Joint Care Center, we perform more than 900 hip and knee replacements annually. Our board-certified orthopedic surgeons, nurses, and therapists work as a team to return you to the lifestyle you enjoy without the pain.
Types of Joints
There are many types of joints, including joints that do not move in adults, such as the suture joints in the skull. Joints that do not move are called "fixed." Other joints may move a little, such as the vertebrae.
Examples of mobile joints include the following:
- Ball-and-socket joints – Such as the shoulder and hip joints, allow backward, forward, sideways, and rotating movements.
- Hinge joints – Such as in the fingers, knees, elbows, and toes, allow only bending and straightening movements.
- Pivot joints – Such as the wrist joint, allow all types of movement except pivotal movements.
Joint replacement involves removing diseased or damaged cartilage at the ends of the bones that form a joint and replacing it with prosthetics.
We perform this procedure on the following joints:
As technology advances, we continually update and improve our capabilities to serve you more effectively and efficiently.
- Minimally invasive and two-incision hip replacement
- Minimally invasive unicompartmental knee replacement
- Hana® table for anterior approach in total hip replacement
- Traditional total hip and knee replacements
- Continuous nerve blocks for pain management
- On-Q pain relief system
Highest Standards in Joint Care
- Board-certified surgeons
- Infection rate on par with national average
- Space suits used in operating rooms to reduce infection risk