Brain Injury Program
The Brain Injury Program provides a secure, caring environment for patients recovering from the following conditions:
- Acquired, non-degenerative brain damage
- Brain Surgery
- Traumatic and non-traumatic brain injuries
Compassionate Care, Experienced Team
Our experienced treatment team includes physicians and neuropsychologists who specialize in meeting the unique rehabilitation needs of brain injury patients.
Each patient receives a customized care program focused on recovering valuable life skills.
Patients can expect specialized brain injury treatment in the form of:
- Physical therapy for mobility, muscle strength and flexibility, balance, and coordination
- Occupational therapy for activities of daily living, such as bathing, grooming, dressing, and other important life skills
- Speech therapy for self-expression, swallowing, and cognitive remediation
- Recreation therapy for social, cognitive, and leisure skills
- Nursing for patient care and education, provided by specialized rehabilitation nurses
- Case management for developing realistic discharge plans and ongoing follow-up
Our 11-bed secured Brain Injury Unit is located on the first floor of Reading Health Rehabilitation Hospital.
For more information, call 484-628-2388.