Billing & Insurance
Reading Health System is committed to providing affordable, quality healthcare to all patients. We understand that billing and payment for healthcare services can be confusing.
Knowing your insurance policy is important for you to receive the maximum benefits for your healthcare services. Your benefit coverage level for care provided by Reading Health System is determined solely by your insurance. Reading Health is contracted with many health plans. A list of those plans can be found below. You can also call our Patient Financial Services office at 484-628-5683 for a complete list.
Please note: our list is not meant to be all-inclusive and is subject to change. Please check with your health plan to verify coverage.
Payment and Contacts
- Pay Online
- Phone: Dial 484-628-5820 or toll-free 866-333-5820 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Via E-Mail
- In Person: Visit the Patient Billing Services office located in C-Building on the second floor between the hours of 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (Enter at the 6th Avenue Lobby)
- Receive a price quote for services.
Billing and Payment: Reading Health
Billing and Payment: Reading Hospital Surgical Services
Reading Health System has contracts with the following health insurance companies:
- Aetna –Note: we do not participate with Aetna PEBTF HMO Plan or in the Savings Plus or the Aetna Premier Care Network (APCN).
- AmeriHealth Administrators
- Berkshire Health Partners
- Blue Ridge Health Network
- Capital Blue Cross – Note: we do not participate with PPO Choice.
- EHP Significa Network
- First Health Network
- Geisinger Health Plan
- Great West
- HealthAmerica/Health Assurance
- Highmark Blue Shield – Note: we are in the standard tier for Alliance Flex Blue and Lehigh Valley Flex Blue.
- Independence Blue Cross
- Keystone Health Pan Central
- Keystone Health Plan East
- United Healthcare
- Aetna Better Health Kids
- Capital Cares for Kids
- GHP Kids (Geisinger)
- Highmark PPO Plus
- UHC Community Plan for Kids
- UPMC for Kids
- Capital Blue Cross
- Highmark – Note: we are in the standard tier for Alliance Flex Blue and Lehigh Valley Flex Blue.
- Aetna Better Health
- AmeriHealth Caritas
- AmeriHealth Caritas Northeast
- Gateway Health Plan
- United Healthcare Community Plan for Families
- Aetna Golden
- AmeriHealth VIP Care
- Blue Journey
- Freedom Blue – Note: we do not participate with Community Blue Medicare HMO.
- Gateway Medicare Assured
- Geisinger Gold
- Independence 65
- Keystone 65 – Note: we do not participate with Keystone 65 Select,
- Keystone 65 Focus, or Keystone 65 Preferred.
- Personal Choice 65
- United Healthcare Medicare Solutions
We also accept Medicare and Medical Assistance.
Reading Hospital will gladly submit a bill to any insurance carrier on your behalf. However, that is not a guarantee that the insurance carrier will pay the claim.
It is important for you to be aware of your benefits and any restrictions that may apply to your specific plan. By being informed about what your health plan covers, you can be assured of receiving the maximum coverage to which you are entitled.