Patient & Family Advisory Councils
At Reading Health System, we value the opinions of our patients and their family members. We rely on their involvement to improve the care and service that we provide.
Our vision is that Reading Health System patients will have a compassionate and supportive health care experience that is sensitive to individual needs. To achieve this, collaborative involvement of patients and families is essential and embraced by Reading Health System’s leadership and staff. Patient and Family Advisory Council members are volunteers who partner with representatives from Reading Health System to advance this vision of patient- and family-centered healthcare. At Reading Health, we believe that valuing patient and family input provides a better understanding of how to achieve an exceptional patient experience, the Reading Experience.
Ideal candidates will:
- Be 18 years or older
- Have an interest in improving the experience of care for others
- Have a positive approach and ability to share and see different points of view
- Be willing to share their personal experiences
- Have good communication skills-ability to listen and articulate ideas well
- Be able to collaborate with diverse individuals-cultural, racial, ethnic
- Be willing to sign a confidentiality agreement
- Have time available to attend meetings
- Should have been a patient who received care at Reading Health System within the past two years.
- Gain a better understanding of a health care system
- Become an influencer of positive change
- Become more educated and aware of health care needs
- Learn to be health care advocates for family and friends
Patient and Family Advisory Councils Application
If you are interested in learning more about our Patient and Family Advisory Councils, please fill out this form to request an application.