Changing Bodies, Changing Lives - November 2011
- Liquid Diets: Patients are required to follow a liquid diet to make surgery safer. The liquid diet helps decrease the size of the liver for a safer surgery. Please call the Center if you have questions about this very important pre-op requirement.
- New Face Arriving! Please welcome Lora Morba, RN. Lora has been a nurse on C3 for several years and has worked with many of our patients. She will begin at the Center on December 18. Lora will work closely with Malissa in the office.
- Medical and Nutrition questions should be answered by the appropriate staff person at the Center. If you have a medical or nutrition question, please contact our office directly for assistance.
- The Newsletter update is sent out several times a year. If you do not receive the newsletter, but would like to, please take a moment to sign up online: http://www.readinghospital.org/nlt/page.asp?Action=Signup.
- Angel Program is in need of volunteers. If you are six months or more post-op, please contact the angel coordinators. We are working on developing an angel program for sleeve gastrectomy patients. If you are a post-op sleeve patient and would be willing to help coordinate, please contact Malissa.
- Upcoming Meeting Topics:
- December 8: Annual Star Award Celebration
- January 12, 2012: The Power of Small Change
- Second Helping Support Meeting is an informal meeting to mix and mingle with other patients without the structure of the larger meeting. Meetings will resume Thursday, January 19 at 7 p.m.
- Planning Committee meeting This group of patient volunteers meets in the Weight Management Center conference room at 6 p.m. to plan support group meetings and activities. The next meeting is Thursday, January 19.
- Fitness for Anyone is a group session offered by Nathan Baron at the WMC on the first and third Saturday of each month. Cost is $12 per person. Class size is limited. Contact Nathan at 610-413-8594 or email@example.com for more information or to register. Please note - there will not be a session on December 17.
- Join us on Facebook! The Reading Hospital Weight Management Center has a Facebook page. You can “like” us at www.facebook.com/trhwmc. This is a great way to stay connected and hear the latest news.
- Appointment cancellations must be made at least 24 hours in advance to avoid a $27 late cancellation fee.
- Reminder! Please contact us IMMEDIATELY with any insurance changes.
- Winter/inclement weather cancellations will be posted on our facebook page as well as www.readinghospital.org. We also make every effort to announce cancellations on www.wfmz.com and the yahoo group. We will begin to send out an email blast to all newsletter subscribers for support group meeting cancellations.
- Pre Op Reminder: Many insurance companies are now requiring documentation of exercise. We have forms available, and Fitness for Anyone is a great way to add some activity into your life.
If you would no longer like to receive Reading Hospital news, please click the following link to unsubscribe...
You can receive our newsletters delivered directly to
your personal email address. Sign up now!