Reading Health System Transfer Center and Direct Admits
Healthcare Professionals: One call does it all!
When you call Reading Hospital Transfer Center, you’ll speak with a specially trained Registered Nurse who will gather information about your patient and your transfer and direct admission needs. They will facilitate a three-way conversation with the Reading Hospital physician.
Use these easy steps for transferring a patient to Reading Hospital:
- Call the Reading Hospital Transfer Center at 484-628-5200.
- Provide the patient’s demographic information and clinical reason for transfer. You may be asked additional information such as diagnosis, level of care required, and special equipment required for transport.
- Fax the patients demographics sheet to 484-628-5144.
- Coordinate transportation via air or ground, upon request.
Reading Health System Specialties
- Accredited Level II Trauma Center with 24/7 in-house fellowship trained Trauma Surgical Intensivists.
- Acute Care Surgery Service capable of accepting all transfers 24/7.
- Member of UPHS Trauma network recognized for excellence in trauma care.
Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery
- The only hybrid operating room in Berks County, allowing cardiothoracic surgeons, cardiologists, and vascular surgeons to work together.
- The only da Vinci Surgical System facility in Berks County.
- The country’s first drive-by process to expedite “door-to-balloon” times for serious heart attack patients.
- Accredited Cardiac Ultrasound and Noninvasive Vascular Units.
- Heart and Vascular Services
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center.
- American Heart Association “Get With The Guidelines” Stroke Gold Plus Quality Improvement Award.
- Joint Commission Disease-Specific Certification for Advanced Stroke Center
- Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities accreditation for Stroke Specialty Programs.
- Six Board-Certified Neurocritical Care Intensivists.
- HealthGrades Highest Distinctions of Clinical Excellence for: