Student Summer Training Program
Reading Hospital is offering 6-week internships in our Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, Obstetrics/Gynecology and Infectious Disease Departments.
We have seven internships available -- two interns will be based in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, and Obstetrics and Gynecology and will spend half of their time in research and half as clinical observers; one intern will spend the majority of time in Infectious Disease research, but will also participate in didactic sessions. If you have a preference, please specify in your personal statement.
INTERNSHIP DATES: June 12, 2017 to July 21, 2017
The program is restricted to those students who are either pre-med students completing their junior or senior year of college or medical students completing their first year of training.
What does the 6-week program include?
- Exposure to clinical environments in the areas of Internal Medicine, Family Medicine and Obstetrics/Gynecology
- Development of a mentoring relationship with a teaching faculty member
- Introduction to important concepts involving the doctor/patient relationship
- A chance to explore physiology and pathophysiology in one area of medicine
- Participation in a research project which may eventually lead to manuscript preparation
- Introduction to the basic aspects of clinical epidemiology
Daily activities will include observation of clinical care, a research project, didactic programs, and assigned readings. At the end of the 6-week program the student will be expected to create a PowerPoint presentation outlining their research project.
The student will receive a stipend of $2,000 and free parking.
How to Apply
To apply, forward COMPLETE packet containing the following to Evangelina Cruz by email at email@example.com or by fax at 484-628-8334:
- Official or unofficial college transcript(s)
- Personal statement describing area of interest, aptitude in medicine and a description of benefits expected to be gained from the program. (please include your name and limit to one page)
Application deadline: March 10, 2017.
For More Information
For more information, contact Evangelina Cruz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic Affairs, Building M-1
PO Box 16052
Reading, PA 19612